Monday, February 9, 2009

Muganda Umaga!

Kumusta Pamilya!I hope that everything is going well back at home, It really hit me this week how much I miss everyone but its ok I know your all doing great and Im still enjoying myself soooo much! This week was definetly a roller coaster. The new sisters came in and doubled our numbers in sisters and between the 3 new districts coming in on wed we went from a zone of like 24 to 40 somethin its crazy! but its so great cuz thats just more people to talk to in tagalog all day. It gets really hard to SYL (speak your language) when no one else in the MTC understands you haha. The language is still just a comin, you definetly have your off days and then the Lord grants you a AH HAH moment when suddenly the light comes on and you get it. its Glorious. Yesterday choir was probably the best thing thats ever happened to me haha we're singing Joseph first Prayer which if you know me at all you know I LOVE and just love the Prophet Joseph Smith so much anyways so that song has always been speacial to me. It was playing that song on the piano at one of my lessons so long ago that I felt the spirit testify to me the truthfulness of this gospel and bear witness that He IS a prophet of God.

So we get to choir and we all start singing and the director calls up like 6 or 7 missionaries to come to the microphone and share the first vision account in whatever language they were learning here while we "ooed" in the backround. I was a mess. The spirit was sooo strong and I know that the message we have is so important and that what happened to that 14 year old boy that day is being spread across the entire world! and in native tongues thru the power of the holy ghost and I am so grateful to be a part of that!! Oh man it was amazing. We'll sing it for the devotional on tues and I cant wait cuz I know its going to be even better!

The new sisters coming in has been really stressful on me. I've never had to deal with so many hormonal women all at the same time before and its really difficult to try and help and comfort them all but I know the Lord is helping me. I cant even tell you how many situations this week occured with the sisters coming to me with problems that I have NO idea how to fix or in need of guidance and comfort Im not sure how to give but I have felt the Holy Ghosts guidance and the assistance in knowing how to handle things and say the things the Lord needs and wants them to hear. Its been really humbling for me and also exciting to see how the Lord works thru his missionaries Im so thrilled to see what he has in store for me through out my mission ( ok ok and Im a little scared too ) ha. JENNYS HERE!!! I love seeing her! its so nice and fun to talk to her at night her room is like a few doors down from mine so we've had some really good talks and Im so glad we're in this together. This morning I had the most awesome experiences in the Temple. I love it so much Im so blessed to be able to go weekly and remember the covenants Ive made and remember that if I remain faithful and obedient to them the promises he has given us are incredible!! The best way to describe my feelings are just complete Joyful Content. I know Im where Im supoposed to be and I know the Lord is blessing me and I see his hand in all I do. I love you all so much and love hearing from you. I think of you all the time :)

Mahal Kita!!
Always,Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment