Monday, July 13, 2009

Floods, falls and island hopping!‏

Sorry about the no subject last week I must have forgot! ha Oh and sorry for not writing last week as you guessed it STOOORRRM! haha This week was sooo busy but a blast. On Sunday we had our interviews with our new president, Pres. Tobias. He came to our apartment to check everything and meet us of course he had to visit all the apartments so it was quick but he seemed really nice and he's so tiny :) We later learned our apt got picked for the Mission Tour with Pres Edwards (area president of the Philippines) I guess all the scrubbin and cleanin payed off he will visit in August. Monday our zone went to Mambukal mountain just outside of Bacolod but its huge you can see it from Valladolid. We Hiked 3 1/2hrs to the top it was seriously the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen in my life! all the way up you pass "the 7 falls of Mambukal" it's really as cool as it sounds I promise. out of our zone only 8 of us made it all the way to the 7th fall I thought I was going to die it was soooo hot and humid because of the storm pero it was sooo worth it! The waterfalls were beautiful and the view can't be described I was absolutely lovin it! Then the storm came ahaha but we made it down ok and it was a blast.


Tuesday we traveled back to bacolod for district meeting and then I slept in Bata, because on wed I got in the little paddle boat and braved the waves for an hour and 1/2 to Panay Island for something for all our visas it was so fun to see and be with all the Americans and Polys plus I ate the most amazing burger I've ever had not to mention it was the size of my body! Finally Thursday I returned to my area and I was excited to get back to work, Bro Mantano will be baptized this week and I can't wait I've been waiting for his baptism for sooo long his children are members but he wasn't He's been through soo much to make it to his baptism and the changes Ive seen him make have been incredible he is so strong and his faith is deep I'm thrilled for his family. The work is going full speed, we were worried because the storms have been sooo bad flooding up to our knees in some places and our house flooded....yeah that was interesting. But the lord has blessed us so much we were able to teach so much this week even with the storm I was so grateful, I know the Lord provides a way if you just show him your willing to go and do. I'm sending my memory card home tom so you all can stop whining!! hahah Yes, mom I actually used my testimony glove last week! in primary we got to church and no one was there it was just us and our 6 investigators haha the members finally came and I taught primary for some reason. Did i ever tell you I've been the ward pianist ever since my first Sunday here? haha oh man gotta love the pines no? I love you all and I'm glad to hear you all had a safe and fun 4th of July. I sang the national anthem on the top of my lungs in our apt i terrified my comp but boy it felt good. My camera is broken but I think they can fix it here. If not I'll let you know because I have a warranty for a year. Love ya All is well :)

B

No comments:

Post a Comment