Monday, April 13, 2009

Hang on to your Jody Dress!!!!

Thank you all so much for your Easter letters I loved them! Thanks for your prayers mostly. I truly love those and desperately need them everyday. Well this last week was a great one its so hard to sit down at this computer every week and try to put it into writing all the things that happen here. It seems like every week is something huge and different but always wonderful. It's so good to hear that everyone is doing so well! Colton to be honest I'll miss my husky BFF Brother of mine but proud of you to hear your gettin your mission figure back haha Ok so I had my First baptism on Sat! It was an 8 year old girl in our ward here and she is the cutest thing ever and get this, her name is MIA ahaha so much irony. (maya, Mama Mia) love it. It was a sweet baptism and her little tender testimony afterwards made me cry thinking of my primary kids. Conference was incredible as usual I missed you all so much especially you girls Alexa and Bailey I always love our special time up at conference but I'm sure you all enjoyed it as much as I did. We somehow, with complete help from the Savior got 8 of our investigators to conference in Bago city , this is HUGE! It was truly a miracle and it was wonderful. The spirit is always so strong when the brethren speak to us and of course the Prophet and I was thrilled so many of our investigators got to experience it too. We also set 3 baptismal dates this week! I was so excited! One of the boys from that family of 5 the 19 year old he is so golden! He is so prepared and ready to change his life and he has such a sweet spirit he just radiates when we teach him and he tells us the changes he's experiencing I love it.

Yes dad I am taking my pills EVERY MORNING I promise! and I oxypure everything I'm pretty sure I'm healthier now then I've ever been in my life hah so no worries.

Sunni D I am so excited you lost a tooth!! I wish I could see your toothless little face but its ok there are plenty of people here without teeth so I just imagine your cute face ;) Cindi I am so proud of you, You sound like you are doing so great.

I wrote a lot of you letters so you should be getting them in about 3 weeks.

Deb, I need an emergency package of some serious goodies. I think not a day goes by I don't have a chocolate attack! An elder last week got a package full of snickers twizzlers and nerds...I almost jumped him. haha.

The experiences here just keep getting better and better. Everyday something new and ridiculous happens and everyday I find myself just throwing my head back and laughing out loud. This place is incredible. There's no way to describe or understand it until you have been here. On the way here today I was in a Jeepney with ( from what I could count) approx 40 people crammed in it. Sis Manzon was literally on my lap! going 70 miles down the road with roosters and small children on everyones laps around me haha I love it There's no where I'd rather be. I can feel myself learning and growing so much. I'm grateful for the Easter weekend that I had remembering my Savior even more than normal. I'm so grateful for this experience and for all of you. Nothing, not life, college, or 2 months in the MTC could prepare me for this but everyday I understand more and more why I'm here and what the Lord has planned for me. I Love you all so much and I really am so happy to hear that your all doing so well. I miss you terribly but love hearing from you and what your all up to. Ammie and Papa, Grandma and Grandaddy I love you all too I think about you often. I also think about Brock and Landry and how even though we are all in different parts of the world I know they are experiencing similar things and meeting the same kind of people as me, I love that. The Gospel is for everyone and I'm so proud of our family for always being examples to those around us. I invite all of you to continue, start with our own family, help those that might be having a hard time right now. I think about them often as well. I wish I could be there to help them but you can be. Love and serve one another.


Love Always,

Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment