Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Kamusta Ka!!

Whew wee! I've only been here for 5 days and boy has it been a roller coaster! It already feels like 3 weeks haha We've learned so much already its silly I can bear my testimony completely in Tagalog and actually know and understand what Im saying! The sentence structure and grammar isn't coming quite as easily but Sis. Fairweather and I are getting really good at our vocab which helps soooo much. Sister Fairweather is probably one of the best things that ever happened to me HA! I am positive there was a line in heaven that I stood in so that I could be her companion for 9 weeks! She is so my other half, it makes things here so much easier and more enjoyable having someone I can laugh with and someone who is exactly like me so we get along great but different enough to keep things interesting.

My district is amazing we're the only sisters but its fine because we get along so well and the elders are so nice. They are so excited to be here and that feeling just radiates from them which makes it so easy to stay focused and pumped about our purpose of why we're here. My 2 teachers are everything I hoped they would be, Bro Chou is very straight forward and makes us learn the foundation of the language and all the rules and grammar that is so important for us to know. Bro Leslie is Amazing! He is so inspired every lesson, and is always so in tune with our feelings and what we need to know. I love his classes. He is the epitome of a spiritual giant he's very soft spoken but when he does speak its SOMETHIN! They are both so powerful and I've already learned so much from them. I'm out of time my laundry is done :) haha but write me back the things you want to know and I'll write back on Monday!

P.S I see Landry and Andrew lee all the time its so fun and it helps not miss home so much. Hope all is well and everyone is doing great!I love you all so much and cant wait to hear from you!

Mahalkita! (I love you)
Ingat! (take care)
Always, Sister Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment